Arrangements for Monday 25 January
- Created: Sunday, 24 January 2021 20:04
As you will be aware, we have had a reasonable amount of snow locally today and it continues to snow in Raunds. This evening, Northamptonshire Police have advised that journeys tomorrow are minimised due to worsening road conditions overnight.
Although most of our provision is currently via remote learning, the snow does cause some additional issues as there are still students on site and staff travelling in to supervise these students. The bus company has also advised that many of the smaller village roads are not safe.
In addition, many of our staff will now have their own children at home due to the key worker provision being closed in other schools. Therefore, they are less able to deliver live lessons in the same way as we have been doing.
In the light of these circumstances there will be some changes to our current ‘normal’ provision for Monday 25 January 2021. At this stage we believe that the full key worker and vulnerable student provision will be open again on Tuesday.
Key Workers Children and Vulnerable students
- There will be no bus service on Monday 25 January
- We are encouraging all key workers children and vulnerable students to stay at home and access remote learning projects as far as possible
- If students who have been on school site are really struggling to access from home, then they are to contact to see how we can help
Remote Learning for all students
- Students should follow their normal timetable using project work set on the school website under the remote learning page
- On the remote learning page, scroll down to the correct year group and subject area
- If students have already completed some projects - for example if they have been self-isolating - then please look at another subject area or challenge yourself with work from the year above in the same subject if appropriate
Year 12/13 Remote Learning
For Year 12 and 13 students, teachers will post independent learning activities in your class Teams.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.