Arrangements for Tuesday 26 January
- Created: Monday, 25 January 2021 16:58
First and foremost, I wanted to take the opportunity to sincerely thank the site team, Manor Sports and Leisure team and other colleagues who have been in school today clearing safe pathways through snow. The result of their hard work and effort is that the campus is now accessible to staff and students. The key worker/vulnerable student provision and remote online learning can be reinstated from tomorrow, Tuesday 26 January 2021.
Whilst the school is open tomorrow to key worker children and vulnerable students, we are advising extreme caution travelling to and from school as well as on the school grounds. With temperatures predicted to fall below freezing tonight and plenty of snow on the ground, we are still expecting challenging conditions tomorrow.
Key Worker Children and Vulnerable students
- Please enter the school via the gate for the main entrance to reception.
- Students will be lined up (socially distanced) in their year groups and escorted to their classroom.
- The bus service will resume as normal tomorrow.
- It is likely that the surrounding roads and pathways to the school will be icy tomorrow so take extra care.
- When in school, please ask your child to stick to the cleared pathways where possible.
- Given the conditions, we are advising all students on site to make sure they wear appropriate footwear and bring a coat to wear outdoors.
- Students can continue to wear a jumper when in the classroom as all classrooms will be well ventilated as normal
Remote Learning for all students
- Normal service will be resumed with regards to online lessons tomorrow.
- Any project work completed today from the website can be emailed to your child’s subject teacher. Please remember to email if you have any issues or questions relating to home learning.
Free School Meals
All families receiving Free School Meals should be in receipt of their vouchers this week from Edenred via the National Voucher Scheme. Students on site in the key worker/vulnerable student provision must bring their own lunch or ensure their Wisepay account has sufficient funds in which to purchase a meal from school tomorrow.
Finally, thank you once again for your continued support and positive words of encouragement. It is very much appreciated.