Upcoming external exams
The dates of upcoming external written exams, where greater than 5 candidates, are as follows:
- GCSE English Language - 2 November 2020, 4 November 2020
- GCSE Mathematics - 3 November 2020, 5 November 2020, 9 November 2020
- NCFE Business - 27 November 2020
Summer 2020 certificates
Certificates will be available for collection from our main reception on Monday 16 November 2020. If students are unable to collect them in person then someone else can do so on their behalf, provided they have a written, signed statement from the student authorising them to do so.
- It is the student's responsibility to collect their certificates from the end of November after the summer exam period (January for November resit exams)
- All unclaimed certificates will be kept under secure conditions for a minimum of 12 months from the date of issue
- Any unclaimed certificates may be destroyed or returned to the exam boards after retaining them for a minimum of 12 months
- If unclaimed certificates are required after the 12 months, unfortunately the student will need to contact the exam boards direct for a replacement certificate
Summer 2021 exams
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) has released a provisional GCSE exam timetable available here.
GCSE/GCE exams will run from Monday 7 June 2020 to Friday 2 July 2021, with the exception of English and mathematics. GCSE exams will begin with an early English language Paper 1 on Monday 24 May and Mathematics Paper 1 on Tuesday 25 May.
JCQ, on behalf of the awarding bodies (AQA, CCEA, OCR, Pearson and WJEC), is consulting with stakeholders on the GCE AS, A level and GCSE Summer 2021 provisional Common Timetable. The awarding bodies use the JCQ Common Timetable to produce and publish their specific timetables on their websites. Please note they are constrained on the exam window remaining between 7 June to 2 July 2021, as mandated by the Department for Education, with the exception of the low entry A/AS Levels and the single GCSE English Language and Mathematics slots before half term.
Please note the June 2021 provisional exam timetables are now available for review on the individual awarding body websites: