Work.World.Wellness. third rotation overview
- Created: Friday, 24 January 2020 14:23
The third rotation of our Wednesday afternoon Work.World.Wellness. lessons has seen many external speakers visit the school to speak to our students about a variety of topics. Visitors this term have included:
- Sarah Underwood and the Northamptonshire school nurses team
- Martyna from Northamptonshire Healthcare's Healthy Lifestyle Team
- Amy Bradshaw, NET wellbeing officer
- Nina from the University of Northampton
- Dr Liliana Harding, economics lecturer at the University of East Anglia
These visits have been in conjunction with students completing the following units during our discrete WWW lessons:
- Year 7 - Why work?
- Year 8 - Migration
- Year 9 - Sex and relationships
- Year 10 - Education
- Year 11 - Exam stress
- Years 12 & 13 - Life choices
It has been a fantastic six weeks, with students fully engaged in their work and finding the guest speaker visits informative and inspiring. We have plenty more visitors lined up over the next of months and look forward to seeing the work that our students produce. Be sure to follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with all the latest guest talks and workshops.