Manor School Sixth Form
To begin a programme of Level 3 study at Manor School Sports College you require a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Mathematics. You will also need a good ‘Attitude to Learning’ score during Year 11. Some courses may additionally require a particular GCSE grade in their subject. More information can be found on our dedicated sixth form section.
Further Education Colleges
Further Education Colleges offer a wide range of programmes to study.
Local College websites:
An apprenticeship is a genuine job and under all circumstances you should be employed from day one. Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an apprentice, you’ll:
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- be given time for study related to your role (the equivalent of one day a week)
There are different entry requirements depending on the sector and job.
They are available at different levels:
- Intermediate Level 2 (equivalent to 5 GCSE passes)
- Advanced Level 3 (equivalent to 2 A level passes)
- Higher Level 4 – 6 (Foundation degree or above)
- Degree Level 6 – 7 (Bachelors or Masters degree)
The Government provide a National Apprenticeship Service vacancy site “Find an Apprenticeship”. Employers offering apprenticeships should advertise vacancies here.
Students can set up alerts so new vacancies are emailed to them when added and can search for current vacancies: