Year 6 into 7 Transition Information
Hello, my name is Mr Sturgess and I am the Director of Student Services. On behalf of the transition team I would like to say how much we are looking forward to you joining the Manor School family, and we hope you are too. We have the most amazing Pastoral team here at Manor to look after you.
We have included some transition exercises to keep you busy, and there are also some important forms we would like you to complete with your parents/carers. Please keep checking back for any more transition updates on this page.
Equipment guidance for students
- Students may bring a bag with them to school with their belongings in it.
- Students are expected to bring their own stationery equipment. We recommend students bring: two pens, a pencil, a ruler and their calculator for maths/science lessons.
- Students will not be lent equipment and nor should students be lending or sharing equipment with other students.
- There will be no access to lockers because students will not be able to leave the zone their pod is allocated to at any point during the school day. However, students are based in one area of the school throughout the day, which will make storing items such as PE kit much easier to accommodate.
|Mr Royle||Mr Sturgess|
You can watch our information videos by clicking the links below:
- Introduction video
- School uniform
- School transport
- School map (map 1 and map 2)
- Curriculum, and praise & rewards
- School rules and extra-curricular clubs (our Families' Handbook can be viewed by clicking here)
- Form tutor reveals - group 1, group 2, group 3, group 4, group 5, group 6
- Mr Davenport and plans for transition week
- About your form tutors
- Meet the English department
- Meet the Maths department
- Meet the Business and Computing department
- Meet the Performing Arts department
- Meet the Modern Foreign Language department
- Meet the Humanities department
- Meet the PE department
- Meet the Art and Design department
- Meet the Science department
- Messages from current students
If you have any questions about the topics covered in our videos, or anything else regarding transition, please complete the online form below:
We know that your primary school has provided lots of work for you to be getting on with but we have also included some tasks to help with the transition to secondary school. These are not to replace your school work but to help keep you busy before starting Manor School in September. Please keep any tasks you complete and bring them with you on your first day of school, we would love to see them!
Why not also have a go at these too in order to prepare yourself for secondary school:
- Can you tie a tie?
- Can you tie a Windsor knot on a tie?
- Can you lock and unlock a bike lock?
- Can you get changed into your PE kit in less than five minutes?
- Can you cook something?
- Can you sew something?
Please also complete the following form so that we can learn a little more about yourself:
Please complete the following form:
You can order uniform items from our supplier by clicking the following image. Please select any colour tie when placing your order – the uniform supplier will select the correct house colour when packing your order.
NMPAT Music Lessons